Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

Want that particular country will connect to this datacenter under GSLB

I have confirgured the GSLB location for the my VPN SERVICE .. I want that the user from india country not go the sydney for the connection...they will go FRankfurt 

Brocade Moderator

Re: Want that particular country will connect to this datacenter under GSLB

You can use the geo-prefix feature of the ADX to achieve this, although this would mean that you have to manually load in the geo-prefixes for the various IP prefixes that are used in the country that you are interested in.  You would then have to configure the Indian IP addresses so that they are in the same geo-location as the Frankfurt ADX is configured for.

Finally make sure that the "geographic" metric is one of the first in the gslb-policy metric order.  There are limitations in terms of the number of IP prefixes that can be configured with the geo-prefix.

I believe that our vADC has a better solution for this as it can discover the geo-prefixes automatically and maintains its own database of IP address and geo-location

Regards

Steve

Contributor

Currently the database is autmatic... and i can see the GSLB is rearrange the IP address based upon the location

How can i update the database..for particular country?

you mean that i have mannully for the global IP range.. how can i do that ?

And i do not wqant it always go to FRA ,... i just want the priorty is higher for FRA...

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

You will need to add the IP prefixes that are in use within India to the same region that the FRA IPs are in.

To change/set the region use something like

geo-prefix 10.192.0.0/24 europe

You can query the local database, so that you can see which region a particular IP prefix is associated with

show gslb cache 10.192.0.0

To see which region your ADXs think they are in, you can use the above command or this

show gslb dns detail

which will show something like

10.1.1.101: dns v-ip ACTIVE N-AM

indicating that it is in region North America

The ADX will just use the geo-prefix to prefer the FRA site but it will not only send it to it.

When you set the metric order it could be something like

metric-order set health-check geographic

In this case the ADX will first look to see if the VIPs are healthy and then go on to look at other metrics.  So if the VIP is down in FRA then these VIPs will not be considered when the ADX goes on to consider the geographic location of the local DNS and the VIP associated with the DNS request.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.