Brocade University

Occasional Contributor

Brocade Learning and Certification Path

Hi All,

I have browsed MyBrocade training and certifcation portal, However. there is no guide or list on what course to take for new and beginner partner/user.

I'm new with Brocade with zero knowledge on the configuration and deployment. Appreciate if anyone can guide or provide lists of Brocade certification and training path on what trainig and certification that I need to take to enhance knowledge and passed Brocade exam.

Thanks

External Moderator

Re: Brocade Learning and Certification Path

@azwanarif

->However. there is no guide or list on what course to take for new and beginner partner/user.

what for course are you looking for ? SAN or IP ?

TechHelp24
Occasional Contributor

Hi Antonio,

Preferable Brocade switches course from scratchs e.g ICX initial setup and deployment. Thanks

External Moderator

[ Edited ]

there are a lot of course, below few example.

all this are course contains topic based introduction.

Brocade ICX 7750 Product Training

Brocade ICX 7450 Product Training

Brocade ICX 7250 Product Training

Brocade ICX 6650 Product Training

IPv6 110-WBT and 150-WBT

cover web-based training course provides an introduction to IPv6 protocol

BPIPA 200-WBT

This self-paced, web-based training provides an in-depth study of the Brocade Ethernet Switch/Router family of products and how they are utilized in an enterprise network. The course covers core competencies of configuration, operations and maintenance of Brocade IP products including the FCX, ICX and MLX family of devices.

TechHelp24
Brocadian

Thank you Antonio for jumping in with recommendations!

If you are interested in the Brocade Professional IP Administrator 2016, you should take the Network Protocols and Standards Pre-assessment which is described in the requirements for Network Industry Protocols course (NIP 200). Should you achieve an 85% or better on the Pre-assessment, that demonstrates you have mastery of industry standard protocols and are ready to take the BPIPA course (BPIPA 200). Here is a link to the BPIPA exam page.

Also, Brocade is launching a new certification program on November 1, 2016.  I've attached the New Brocade Certification Program Guide and an FAQ document.

For questions, feel free to contact certification@brocade.com

Great Advice for the IP side but could you recomend similar for the SAN side?  I've been relocated in my company to the SAN Team and am told learn Brocade.   Pretty vague so any advice goes a long way. 

In looking at the catalogue I thought this one looked like a good start:

Brocade Associate SAN Administrator (BASA 200-WBT)

Brocadian

Yes, you should begin with the Brocade Associate SAN Administrator exam. You can find a full list of Brocade exams at this link. If you have further questions, feel free to contact certifcation@brocade.com.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.