Brocade University

Occasional Visitor

How to practise on Brocade switches

Hello,

Is there a software emulator/simulator so one can practise configuring a Brocade switch? For example Cisco Packet Tracer or GNS3 can be used to experiment with Cisco equipment. 

Thanks.

John

Re: How to practise on Brocade switches

Hi John, this is a much requested tool and unfortunately we do not have a simulator. That said, a number of our instructor-led classes provide access to our remote lab, where students can log into a live environment and perform various lab exercises. Our web-based courses offer simulated lab experiences, where students go through lab exercises through an interactive training course.

Aside from the interactive lab training exercises and the live remote lab environment, there is no open sandbox for people.

If there a particular switch/technology that you're interested in I'm happy to make some recommendations.

Thanks a bunch,
Paul Z
Technical Course Developer, Multimedia
Brocade University Social Media Manager

Hi Paul,

i have enrolled to (CFD 200-WBT) as per the Lab guide lab could be accessed to rsl.brocade.com . i tried to login through my brocade account credentials but i am not able to login. so could you suggest how can i get the credential for rsl.brocade.com.

Thanks again.

Regards

Dipesh

Hi Dipesh, I have an email out to our course developers however I believe the web-based version of that course has only simulated labs (i.e., they are pre-recorded and you follow along with the demonstration). The instructor-led and virtual classroom versions have the rsl.brocade.com access, hence the higher price tag which is used to cover the infrastructure costs of the labs.

If for some reason this is not the case however, I will let you know as soon as I hear back from the developers.

Thanks very much for reaching out!

Paul

Hi Dipesh, I received a reply from one of our course developers regarding the labs in CFD 200.

"The Lab Exercise in CFD 200 for both WBT and ILT offerings is a “paper” lab and does not require access to rsl.brocade.com. "

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and thanks again for reaching out!

Paul

Hello Paul,

I would like to practice a configuration between brocade VDX 6740 and nortel 5510.

My customer is facing an issue when he 

untag either one of the VLANs or set the port to be an access port then that VLAN works. But if he set it to a trunk and tag both VLANs then neither VLAN works. Because we can get the VLANs working individually his suspicion is that the Brocade is probably where the problem lies, but I’m not completely sure of that.

could you help ?

Regards,

Mathieu

Hi Mathieu, are you able to use the CID to set up a practice environment? I'm not familiar with the extent of what's available in the CID but this seems like a good non-destructive place to test. The link to the CID is: http://cid.brocade.com and the contact there is Matt Branche (mbranche@Brocade.com).

Unfortunately Education is not on the troubleshooting end of the business, however I think Matt Branche or possibly Daniel de la Rosa (ddelar@Brocade.com) would be able to either answer the question or point you in the right direction.

Good luck, and I'm sorry I can't answer your question more directly.

Paul Z

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.