Ethernet Fabric (VDX, CNA)

New Contributor

Inconsistent results with BNA 14.01 on VDX6720

Can anyone tell me if BNA works with the 6720s any longer? The NOS is 3.01.

Im seeing inconsistent reports. When discovery was first performed I ran a report of VLAN 186, and it returned 9 ports across our two switches in fabric, as expected. Next day I run it again, and it shows me 2 ports in VLAN 186. If that was the case my Virtual SAN would have already fallen apart.

MAC address report shows me detected MACs on all appropriate ports except 2/0/4 where I'm expecting one. (CLI shows it), The detailed cluster report shows me the proper MAC detected attached to 2/0/4.

I used Brocade Network Advisor 12 last year and never saw these problems.

A "sh vl br" shows the correct ports assigned to VLANs. So what's wrong with the reports?

Hard to troubleshoot a problem or do inventory with such odd results.

Something I'm missing?

Brad

Highlighted
TAC Mod

Re: Inconsistent results with BNA 14.01 on VDX6720

Hello Brad aka @el_mono_cochino,

Welcome to the Community!

While we still encourage the Community to assist with your post, I wanted to let you know that I have passed your questions on to our TAC Engagement Team. They will be reaching out to you shortly to gather more information regarding your configuration, so we can get you routed to the correct group.

Once your case is closed, if appropriate, we will post the resolution to this thread to help others within the Community; or, if you'd prefer, please come back and post the resolution yourself.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help faciliate your case resolution.

You can find out more about the TAC Engaged Program by clicking on the image below.

Thank you!

Denise K.
Brocade Community Team
@DeniseK

TAC Engaged Program

TAC Mod

Re: Inconsistent results with BNA 14.01 on VDX6720

Hi Brad @el_mono_cochino

In looking at your closed case, it looks like it was suggested that you upgrade VDX6720 from 3.x to 4.1.3 (final code)...I'm hoping that resolved your issue? If not, let us know what did or if we may further assist in helping you find your resolution!

Best Regards,

Denise K.

Brocade Community Team

@DeniseK

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.