Ethernet Switches & Routers

Contributor

mirror port bigironrx 16

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

From BigIron-Rx 2.9 configuration guide it is stated that maximum outbound traffic to be mirror is limited to 8 only port, but my customer already have 23 with both direction and no warning shown. How this is effect the system? is it only the first configured port that will be mirrored, or the system choose it randomly?

And if I use PBR to mirror the traffic in VE, how this rules/limit will be applied?

I know that this already an old product, that only last less than a year before EoL, so any help I would really appreciate.

Many thanks in advance,

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Re: mirror port bigironrx 16

Hello,

Just to be clear, RX can have up to 8 active mirror ports "not monitored" for outbound traffic.

Could you please provide the output of the commands below to have a better understanding of how things are configured?

show monitor config

show monitor actual

Also, have you noticed an unexpected/undesirable behavior in the collected data?

Regards,

Os 

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution" .

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.