Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor

Effective zone config none in GUI but on cli I can view the effective config using zoneshow command

Hi
I am facing the following problem on Brocade 6510 FabOS 7.4.1a.

I enabled an active zone configuration, and it saved to the switch without any issue. But in web based GUI on the zone config tab right corner it says effective zone config: none. But in switch view, I can see the effective configuration under zone drop down and also in CLI I can view the effective configuration using zoneshow command.

I restarted the webtool for troubleshooting but no luck the problem persist. So I am here for the expert suggestion of how to fix the issue without rebooting the switch.

Brocade Moderator

Re: Effective zone config none in GUI but on cli I can view the effective config using zoneshow command

Hi,

Just to confirm question, when you say WEB basied GUI - do you mean webtools not BNA?

Is there more than 1 switch in the fabric - or is it a single switch?

If you are using webtools - have you tried forcing a refresh?

To refresh fabric information.

1. Open the Zone Administration window.

2. Select View > Refresh From Live Fabric .

This refreshes the status for the fabric, including switches, ports, and devices.

Kind regards,
Rick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. .
Occasional Contributor

Re: Effective zone config none in GUI but on cli I can view the effective config using zoneshow command

Yes tried that mate no luck

Brocade Moderator

Hi,

it might be Java or Java Cache related.

And are you using this version?

From RN:

FOS v7.4.0 is qualified and supported with Oracle Java version 7 update 76 and Java version 8 update 51.

TL

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Brocade Moderator

Another option from a switch perspective would be to try a non disruptive reboot to restart all services with the "hareboot" command. However it sounds more like a display issue with webtools.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks mate. But hard reboot is not my preferred choice as of now. I have raised this case with NetApp who is the supplier of this hardware will wait for their response.

Occasional Contributor

Yes Java is upto date. Tried from difference PC same issue.

Brocade Moderator

The command hareboot on single CP switches is like a hafailover on director class switches. The hareboot is what also happens during firmwaredownload on switches. It is not in the CmdRef but it is available.

FC traffic will not be disrupted. But yes, wait for your OEM to have a look on the switchs data first.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.