Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Enable ports using BNA REST API

How do you enable/disable a port using the REST API through Brocade Network Advisor? I don't seem to see anything specific on changing port state in the documentation.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Enable ports using BNA REST API

Bump... Is it possible?

Brocade Moderator

Hi Wayne,

From the BNA 14.2.0 REST API manual

Enabling or disabling FC switch ports

You can use the REST API provided to enable or disable single or multiple FC switch ports from a single device. You cannot enable or

disable multiple ports from different devices and for GigE and VE/VEx ports.

To enable or disable FC switch ports, complete the following steps.

1. Enter the following URI in the URL field:

http://<ip_address>/rest/resourcegroups/{rgkey}/fcswitches/{fcskey}/fcports/fcportstate

Where {rgkey} denotes resource group key and {fcskey} denotes virtual switch WWN.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Awesome! I'll give that a try. Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

One more question... I can't seem to find the 14.2 REST API manual. Is there a place to download? Google gives me 14.0...

It seems like there would be a little bit more after fcsports like .../fcsports/{key} where key is the WWN of the port.

Brocade Moderator

Hi Wayne,

attached 14.2.0 documentation.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.