Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Import wildcard certificate for FOS 7.3.x SAN switch

Is it possible to import a wildcard certificate to a SAN switch  to enable HTTPS for webtools ??

I performed the following steps:

1. "seccertutil genkey -keysize 2048"

2. Copied the key which was provided by CA to /etc/fabos/certs/sw0/pvt_key

3. seccertutil import -config swcert -enable https

entered wildcart certificate name in interactive mode

--> "Invalid switch certificate.Exiting"

Current FOS Version = 7.3.1

Brocade Moderator

Re: Import wildcard certificate for FOS 7.3.x SAN switch

[ Edited ]

Hello,

There are different defects listed and fixed into 7.4.2 FOS release.

Check the release note attached and see if this match with your speific issue.

Thinking about defect # 618564

Keyword search in pdf: seccertutil

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

What is the format of your certificate and that it is the extension of the file?  I have issues with format / extension at customers.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

Certificate extension:
Was provided as .crt file by CA.
I renamed the file to .pem before trying to import to SAN switch.

Certificate format:
key size = 2048
key algorithm = RSA
Wildcard certificate was issued by COMODO
Brocade Moderator

Hi Andreas,

found some internal case where SSL certificate with wildcard is not supported with FOS 7.2. I will continue checking for FOS 7.3.

I assume that wildcard is in the alternate name (SAN) ?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.