Fibre Channel (SAN)

New Contributor

Is there a 64bit version of ezswitchsetup for linux

I'm trying to load the ezswitchsetup8.0 on a 64 bit Red Hat Linux system, and keep getting errors for 32 bit packages.  Does anyone know an easy work around?

Brocade Moderator

Re: Is there a 64bit version of ezswitchsetup for linux

Hello,

Red Hat 64 bits is not listed on release note as supported operating system.

What is the error message you get and at which step?

Does Java installed is 32 or 64 bits?

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
New Contributor

I run the install.bin and gets to Launching Installer.

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException.  This applicaiton will now exit. (LAX)

java.lang.UnsatisifiedLinkError: /tmp/install.dir.11528/Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so: libXext.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Java version is java-1.8.0-ibm.x86_64 1:1.8.0.4.5-1jpp.1.el6_9

Thanks

New Contributor

Sorry I added this as a new post, should have hit the reply to you.

I run the install.bin and gets to Launching Installer.

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException.  This applicaiton will now exit. (LAX)

java.lang.UnsatisifiedLinkError: /tmp/install.dir.11528/Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so: libXext.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Java version is java-1.8.0-ibm.x86_64 1:1.8.0.4.5-1jpp.1.el6_9

Thanks

Brocade Moderator

Java plug in recommended is: JRE 1.8.0_111 (32 bits).

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocade Moderator

Hi raimundo,

Notice that officially, do not support 32 bit. But,

I did a quick test on my Centos 7 machine (64 bit) - almost the same as Red Hat - and I got the GUI up and running by doing the following

$ sudo yum install libX11.i686 libXext.i686 libXi.i686 libXtst.i686

I figured out the first level of 32 bit libraries missing by

$ ldd /tmp/install.dir.6617/Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so  | grep not\ found | sort -u

libjvm.so => not found
        libX11.so.6 => not found
        libXext.so.6 => not found
        libXi.so.6 => not found
        libXtst.so.6 => not found

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.