Fibre Channel (SAN)

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

NTP time and time zone difference in DCX8510-8

Hi, 

Recently I have done a FOS upgrade of DCX8510-8 switch from 7.3.1a to 7.4.1e. The firmware got sucessfully committed to Active CP, but standby CP got faulted during upgrade. After replacing the stand CP with new and FOS upgrade ,the timezone in both active and standby was different. Active was in IST time zone and standby in GMT zone and also few seconds time difference for active and standby even it have a NTP sync. Before FOS upgrade both active and standby CP had same timezone and timing. Please help me how it can resolve.

Thanks in advance.

Regards / Rahul Udayabhanu

Thanks,

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".
Brocade Moderator

Re: NTP time and time zone difference in DCX8510-8

Hi Rahul,

I assume the CP are in sync (haShow)? 

Concerning the timezone differnece - Have you tried by setting the time zone of the active CP to GMT and then back to IST to see if the change is then propagated to the standby CP?

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, both CPs are in hasync.

:admin> hashow
Local CP (Slot 6, CP0): Active, Warm Recovered
Remote CP (Slot 7, CP1): Standby, Healthy
HA enabled, Heartbeat Up, HA State synchronized

Active CP

------------

:admin> date
Tue May 2 15:20:14 IST 2017

Standby CP

---------------

:admin> date
Tue May 2 09:50:14 GMT 2017

I didn't tried the time time zone changing in Active CP. I will try to do this based on my internal change approvals.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Occasional Contributor

As per the OEM analaysis we have done a stand by CP reboot. After that both standby and Actice CP is same time and time zone.

Thanks

Thanks,

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.