Fibre Channel (SAN)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

one of 2 ISL paths disconnected between switches causes AIX fscsi link error?

Hi, Mr/Mrs

I have 2 questions about Trunking.

There are 2 fabrics at my company and each fabric has 2 switches with trunking license enabled.

There are 2 fiber cables connection  between 2 switches.

Several AIX servers connect to one switch and  access the SAN storage which connects to the other switch.

1.Does AIX show fscsi link error if I disconnect one fiber cable between 2 switches even I enable trunking?

2.Does AIX show fscsi link error if  Rx Power of SFP is too low?

Brocade Moderator

Re: one of 2 ISL paths disconnected between switches causes AIX fscsi link error?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Attached is a data sheet concerning your point 1.

Concerning point 2, if RX power is low on a SFP attached on AIX, concerned storage or ISL, this can generate errors on frames reception, errors counters will show that and eventually fscsi link error.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Occasional Contributor

Re: one of 2 ISL paths disconnected between switches causes AIX fscsi link error?

Hi,

Thanks for giving me the answer to point2

I  use porterrshow and sfpshow portid to check the status of ISL ports and SFP. One port CRC error count increase rapidly and Rx is too low. I replace the fiber cable and the status become normal and AIX servers do not show fcsisi link error anymore.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.