Management Software

New Contributor

How do i enable performance monitoring at the SAN or fabric level to collect end-to-end monitor stat? Network Advisor

Just purchased Brocade Network Advisor to use in our SAN enviroment; 2 fabrc  switches each. One of the items in the user guide that im confused about is how to enable performance monitoring at the SAN or fabric level to collect end-to-end monitor statistics?

From the guide:

Make sure to enable performance monitoring at the SAN or fabric level to collect end-to-end monitor statistics. Refer to “SAN end-to-end monitoring”.

External Moderator

Re: How do i enable performance monitoring at the SAN or fabric level to collect end-to-end monitor stat? Network Advisor

@StoreGuy

this note refer to Microsoft System Center Operation Manager.

Is such Application in you environment Installed ?

TechHelp24
New Contributor

Re: How do i enable performance monitoring at the SAN or fabric level to collect end-to-end monitor stat? Network Advisor

Yes correct
External Moderator

@StoreGuy

unfortunately I'm not experienced with MSCOM.

have you follow the configuration Step as describded in BNA User Guide.

TechHelp24
External Moderator

I move the Treads to Management Software Forum.

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Hi,

to enable "Enabling SAN-wide historical performance collection", see the following link

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/networkadvisor-1242-san-manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Performance.31.04.html

For some information on the end to end monitoring (until FOS 7.4), see

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/networkadvisor-1242-san-manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Performance.31.05.html

kind regards

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Another option is the "SAN connection utilization"

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/networkadvisor-1242-san-manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Performance.31.08.html

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.