Management Software

N/A

Network Advisor - How to remove obsolete connections

Hello community members,

I´m very new to Network Advisor and have a question about the fabric view.

We have implemented two fabrics for monitoring into our Network Advisor 11.2 installation. After discovery the monitoring worked perfect. Now we have rewired the switches in one fabric, and the new connections are discovered successfully, but the old connections are visible as dashed lines furthermore. How can we get rid of the old connections?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Mario

Re: Network Advisor - How to remove obsolete connections

[ Edited ]

I'm disturbed by this BNA status  of the same dashed line (yellow/gray) and the final status (forbidden access sign)

what I did:

Situation:

I had 4 ISL links from my bladechassis Switch towards my Brocade 6505 switch infra.

My  initial reponse :

I persistently disabled 2 ports (on both sides) ; double clcnking on the link in beween both switches, I now have a status indicating I have 2 missing links and what these links used to be.

I have no trunking mode enabled either.

I tried to rename the port to something else

My 2nd attempt : I checked the port type , I reconfigured the ports on both sides to F-port (instead of E+F) , still clicking in the toplogy view on the link between both switches, it still suggests that I have 2 missing connnections

My 3rd attempt : In advanced mode I went to disable trunk mode on these ports (on both sides) , but still BNA keeps displaying in the same manner.

What to do with BNA to make it understand that what it had is no longer of any concern ?

What is required for its status to change ?

Brocade Moderator

Re: Network Advisor - How to remove obsolete connections

Hi,

have you tried to "Accept Changes" - Do you have fabric tracking enabled. See the following for details

https://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/networkadvisor-1242-san-manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm#context=NetworkAdvisor_SAN_Manual&file=Ch_Mgmt_App_Config.06.20.html

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.