Management Software

Occasional Contributor

SAN Network Advisor Event Monitoring

I'm using HP branded SNA Version 14.0.1.   

What I want to know are a couple of things, is it possible to have every switch in your environment forward any and all events to SNA so they can be viewed in one place.  

For example one of my switches rebooted twice the last two days.  In looking at the event registered on the switch you can see items like excessive memory consumption and the switch reboot.  These everts never show up in SNA.  I'm using the professionial, small network configuation.

Also when clicking on a switch and going to the monitor, event field I dont see any data for the vast majority of my switches.  Two ot the newer one's running the latest firmware shown events related to a recent firmware upgrade run during installation.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.

External Moderator

Re: SAN Network Advisor Event Monitoring

@cdm2t

I moved you post from SH Forum to Management Software Forum

TechHelp24
Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Re: SAN Network Advisor Event Monitoring

Hi,

are your switches correctly discover and setup in BNA? What does the Discovery > Fabric display?

If switches are discovered in BNA, the all raslog and also syslog messages should be forwarded and visible in BNA. And you can see them in BNA or forward to other location.  Some information about discovery at

http://www.brocade.com/content/html/en/user-guide/networkadvisor-1242-san-manual/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=Ch_Discovery.05.2.html#2869576

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.