Management Software

New Contributor

When will BNA will be supported on Windows 2016?

Any idea when BNA will be supported on Windows 2016?

We are running 14.2.0 and its been a few months since release of an update.

Highlighted
Brocade Moderator

Re: When will BNA will be supported on Windows 2016?

Good Morning ,

At this time we are not supporting windows 2016 on BNA.

We have requested the BNA team to fix this, but for now you will have to use the supported OS:

Here are the supportded operating systems for BNA 14.2.0

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Datacenter, Standard and Enterprise 
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, Datacenter
Windows 7 Enterprise (Client only)
Windows 8.1 Enterprise (Client only)
Windows 10 Enterprise

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided
solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique.
If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through
Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please
mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Brocadian

Do you have any update for this issue?

Our customer would like to know when the BNA support schedule on Windows 2016.

Brocade Moderator

[ Edited ]

Hi Haruo,

Not in 14.2.1 (nor BNA 14.3) from what I can see. Need to ping back the BNA team to ask.

If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution".

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers. All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider. If this provided you with a solution to this issue, please mark it with the button at the bottom "Accept as solution"
Brocadian

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your info.

Do you know the mail addres for BNA team?

I would like to ask this issue , but I do not know the right person who I ask for.

External Moderator

@Haruo Kato

--->>>Do you know the mail addres for BNA team?

usually you have to open a TAC in order to get support, however as already answer by Jerome and Martin, since BNA is not supported at this Time on WS 2016 such case will be closed as unsupported.

apart on that as "Brocadian" - as per my opinion - you should be able to get in touch with you Senior SE Manager in your Country

Additional, I spend two week my time at February and try to run BNA on WS 2016 without any success.

I believe this is a issue with a new structured "AppLockerPolicy" in WS 2016 which cannot handle some operations with java Based Application.

TechHelp24
Brocadian

I will advise to the customer that purchasing Win2016 license and downgrade to Win2012 for using BNA.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.